Take a look at this week’s “Spinning Again Clique,” MMA Junkie’s weekly stay present that takes a spin via the most important matters in blended martial arts.
This week’s panel of Brian “Goze” Garcia, Nolan King and Danny Segura will be a part of host “Attractive” George Garcia stay at midday ET (9 a.m. PT) to debate and debate:
- We thought we had Dustin Poirier vs. Benoit Saint-Denis for UFC 299. Then Poirier mentioned he was out – as a result of he by no means was in to start with. There was some short-lived drama, after which Poirier mentioned issues have been all good, in spite of everything. Nevertheless it introduced up one thing that appears to be growing as a problem: UFC CEO Dana White saying fights that aren’t signed but. Ought to he cool it with that till the bouts actually are finalized?
- One current scorching take was that the UFC’s ladies’s bantamweight division ought to go away. Amanda Nunes retired final yr, so why hold it? However then Ryan Clark’s opinion received obliterated when the UFC introduced Kayla Harrison had arrived – to battle at 135 kilos. Will this revitalize the division? What can we make of Clark’s remark? And what of opponent Holly Holm’s ideas about Harrison making weight?
- Nassourdine Imavov beat Roman Dolidze within the UFC Battle Night time 235 headliner. It wasn’t celebrated a lot, pre- or post-fight. Was the perceived lack of main curiosity a problem of matchmaking? Oversturation? What went flawed?
- Molly McCann was a scorching commodity, however back-to-back losses had her making an attempt to determine her future. She made the powerful name to drop from flyweight to strawweight and had a superb debut with the primary submission win of her profession and a $50,000 bonus. We’ll focus on her transfer, what it can imply for her profession, and who may be a part of her quickly with a weight class change to jumpstart issues.
- One other MMA retirement didn’t stick that lengthy, it appears. Kevin Lee mentioned he’s popping out of retirement to battle once more. He’s simply the newest fighter to alter his thoughts. Is it the correct transfer for him? When and whom ought to he battle? And what are our ideas usually when fighters dangle up the gloves, then change their minds shortly afterward? Henry Cejudo retired as soon as, got here again, now has one other battle booked – and already is speaking about retiring once more.
“Spinning Again Clique” is launched every Monday LIVE on MMA Junkie’s YouTube channel at midday ET. It’s also possible to discover every episode in your favourite podcast platforms – together with Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and extra – on Tuesday mornings.