RIZIN’s subsequent event is about and the primary spherical of match-ups embrace some surprises.
The promotion introduced through a press conference on Thursday (Japan time, July 7, 2022) a further batch of bouts for the upcoming RIZIN 37 occasion on July 31, 2022, in Saitama, Japan. The Tremendous Atomweight division shall be getting highlighted with a grand prix for the primary time since 2017 as eight nice opponents will take part. In contrast to in previous grand prixs, fighters won’t battle twice in a single evening to win, because the semifinals will happen in September, adopted by the finals on the annual New Yr’s Eve occasion.
Most notably among the many new promotional faces is longtime veteran and Strawweight pioneer, Jessica Aguilar, who faces former two-time RIZIN champion and all-time nice, Ayaka Hamasaki. Present champion, Seika Izawa, can even be part of the motion as she welcomes newcomer, Laura Fontoura to the ring. Fontoura isn’t the final debutant, nonetheless, as Anastasia Svetskivska meets celebrity hanging sensation, Rena Kubota. Then issues get rounded out by the 2017 grand prix winner, Kanna Asakura, dealing with South Korea’s Si Woo Park.
For Aguilar, this shall be simply her second look since departing Final Preventing Championship (UFC) in 2019. The 40-year-old former World Collection of Preventing (WSOF) queenpin final fought to a cut up resolution defeat towards Danielle Taylor at XFC 43 in Nov. 2020.
At a time, Aguilar versus Hamasaki may have been considered as a dream match-up. Now, Hamasaki, additionally 40, seems to rebound off the primary dropping streak of her profession after back-to-back outings reverse Izawa.
The present RIZIN 37 battle line-up might be seen beneath.
- 108lbs.: Ayaka Hamasaki vs Jessica Aguilar
- 108lbs.: Kanna Asakura vs Si Woo Park
- 108lbs.: Seika Izawa vs. Laura Fontoura
- 108lbs.: Rena Kubota vs. Anastasia Svetkivska
- 125lbs.: Hideo Tokoro vs. Makoto Takahashi
- 145lbs.: Vugar Karamov vs. Sora Yamamoto
- 135lbs.: Naoki Inoue vs. Kenta Takizawa
- 135lbs.: Shinobu Ota vs. Yuki Motoya
- 145lbs.: Ulka Sasaki vs. Yuki Nakahara
- 265lbs.: Tsuyoshi Sudario vs. Hideki Sekine
- 145lbs.: Kota Miura vs. Felipe Masoni
- 136lbs.: Yushi vs. Haruki
- 176lbs.: Marcos Souza vs. Daichi Abe