INDIANAPOLIS – The College of Chicago males’s tennis group was firing on all cylinders throughout Saturday’s 9-0 victory over Kenyon School in a impartial match in Indianapolis, Ind.
The Maroons improved to 3-0 whereas the Lords moved to 1-1 on the season.
UChicago was on its recreation from the beginning and made fast work of the three doubles matches by scores of 8-3, 8-1 and 8-5.
Persevering with the momentum from doubles, the Maroons dropped just one set in singles play. Junior Christian Alshon surrendered solely a single recreation on the No. 3 place (6-1, 6-0). First-year Andrei Leonov and senior Shramay Dhawan defeated their opponents 6-2, 6-1 on the No. 5 and No. 6 spots, respectively. Sophomore Derek Hsieh was forward 6-2, 4-1 when his opponent retired as a consequence of damage. Sophomore Arjun Asokumar claimed the No. 1 singles win 6-0, 6-4.
Multi winners on the day included Asokumar, Hsieh, Alshon and Leonov.
“The group got here out wanting sharp, centered and decided, main us to a fast 3-0 begin in doubles,” Head Coach Jay Tee mentioned. “That wave carried proper into singles the place we continued to have a presence and did not let up. We have now some issues to work on, however general, I used to be actually proud of the way in which we competed and executed towards a distinguished program in Kenyon.”
UChicago 9, Kenyon 0
1. Arjun Asokumar (UC) def. Luis Andres Platas (KEN) 6-0, 6-4
2. Derek Hsieh (UC) def. Rishil Kondapaneni (KEN) 6-2, 4-1, retired
3. Christian Alshon (UC) def. Thomas Kallarakal (KEN) 6-1, 6-0
4. Alex Guzhva (UC) def. Eric Zhang (KEN) 6-1, 4-6, 6-3
5. Andrei Leonov (UC) def. Rakkan Audeh (KEN) 6-2, 6-1
6. Shramay Dhawan (UC) def. Jack Wagner (KEN) 6-2, 6-1
1. Christian Alshon/Derek Hsieh (UC) def. Luis Andres Platas/Thomas Kallarakal (KEN) 8-3
2. Arjun Asokumar/Andrei Leonov (UC) def. Christophe Leblanc/Rishil Kondapaneni (KEN) 8-1
3. Bailey Forgus/Biren Reddy (UC) def. Angelo Vidal/Eric Zhang (KEN) 8-5
- Sunday, Feb. 13 @ 9:00 AM (ET) – UChicago at DePauw College