Daniel Jacobs will return to the ring after 14-plus months to face John Ryder in an excellent middleweight bout in London.
Daniel Jacobs (37-3, 30 KOs) vs. John Ryder (30-5, 17 KOs)
- Date: Saturday, Feb. 12
- Time: 3 p.m. ET / midday PT (essential occasion later in present)
- The place: Alexandra Palace, London
- TV/Stream: DAZN
- Value: $19.99 per thirty days or $99.99 yearly
- Division: Tremendous middleweight
- Rounds: 12
- At stake: No titles
- Pound-for-pound rating: None
- Odds: Jacobs 1½-1 favourite (common of a number of shops)
- Additionally on the cardboard: Lee McGregor vs. Diego Alberto Ruiz, junior featherweights; Ellie Scotney vs. Jorgelina Guanini, tremendous bantamweights
- Prediction: Jacobs UD
- Background: Jacobs stated it was all the time a dream of his to struggle in London, the positioning of his return to the ring this coming Saturday. We’ll see whether or not hometown favourite Ryder can flip it right into a nightmare in an excellent middleweight title eliminator. Jacobs misplaced his middleweight title to Canelo Alvarez by determination in Could 2019. He then moved as much as tremendous middleweight, at which he has fought twice: a fifth-round knockout of Julio Cesar Chavez in December 2019 and a closer-than-expected split-decision victory over Gabriel Rosado in November of 2020. The most cancers survivor from Brooklyn was so disenchanted along with his efficiency in opposition to Rosado that he apologized afterward. He stays main participant within the 168-pound division – he’s ranked by all 4 sanctioning our bodies, No. 3 by the WBC – however at 35 the polished boxer-puncher might be getting into the ultimate stage of his profitable profession. Ryder ought to present a barometer to find out how a lot Jacobs has left. The 33-year-old Londoner is 2-0 since he gave a stable efficiency however misplaced a large determination to then-WBA tremendous middleweight titleholder Callum Smith in November 2019, outpointing Mike Man in December 2020 and stopping Jozef Jurko in 5 rounds this previous September. Ryder, , skilled boxer, is left-handed.